Toxic foods: What can dogs not eat?

Not only in the forest on the wayside lurk poisonous dangers that the dog should not eat. Even at home, there are foods that can harm the four-legged friends. It does not help to educate the dog perfectly if the owner or owner does not handle the animal's nutrition responsibly.
Therefore, you should know which foods are inedible or even poisonous for the four-legged friends.
In addition, always the dose makes the poison. Often, small amounts are not threatening. Often, however, even small amounts are enough to kill the dog. The following article discusses the most important and dangerous dog food traps and explains why they are toxic to the animal.

As sweet as the chocolate may taste for us humans, it is so damaging for our four-legged companions. Chocolate contains theobromine. This is toxic to dogs. Most dark chocolate contains more theobromine. This makes the chocolate all the more poisonous to dogs, the darker it is. The dog will show poisoning symptoms such as vomiting, tremors, cramps and diarrhea. The dog's pulse will also accelerate and he will have difficulty breathing. As always, the dose is the poison. The more theobromine a dog takes, the more symptoms he will show. Therefore, it is very dangerous when a small dog steals a chocolate bar and nibbles it. In addition, the packaging can cause damage in the digestive tract of the dog, if he mitisst parts thereof.

Dogs of some breeds can not tolerate grapes. This is due to the oxalic acid contained therein. Some dogs may also be racially independent and have an intolerance to this substance. Poisoned quadrupeds show symptoms such as lethargy and vomiting. Oxalic acid poisoning can cause kidney failure in dogs.

Alcohol is considered to be one of the dirtiest drugs in humans, as it works nonspecifically throughout the body. Many people are unaware that alcohol is a toxin that can be deliberately poisoned for a few hours. Only the intoxication is significant. The next day you suffer under the hangover. Alcohol is also toxic in dogs. Our four-legged friends can respond with acute vomiting, seizures and respiratory distress. In addition, there is a risk that the animals suffer chronic kidney and liver damage. Therefore, it should be self-evident, not to dump his faithful companion wine in the water bowl. However, alcohol is also hidden in some medications. Therefore, you should never treat your dog without the advice of an expert. It can quickly happen that one meant it well, but has harmed the animal out of ignorance.

The flesh of the avocado has a high fat content and is inedible for dogs. You will react with vomiting and diarrhea. In addition, Persin is included in the exotic fruit. This is poisonous for dogs and can lead to racing heartbeat, difficulty breathing and heart muscle damage. In addition, dogs can choke on the core of the avocado.

All these drinks contain caffeine. Also in green or black tea hides this nerve poison. Caffeine has a very harmful effect on the quadruped's nervous system. This is due to the methylxanthine contained therein. This poisonous ingredient causes the pulse to race, the blood pressure rushing upwards and constricting the blood vessels. Therefore, you should bring the dog immediately to a veterinarian, should he have taken caffeine. The animal will show symptoms such as restlessness, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors and convulsions. At a high dose, caffeine can lead to cardiac arrhythmia. These can be life-threatening for the four-legged friend. Therefore, paws away from caffeine!

Dogs do not tolerate the sugar substitute xylitol. This is contained in sweets and in particular for example in chewing gum and sweets. Xylitol can cause the four-legged, that the blood sugar level drops rapidly. This can be life threatening. The dog will show symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. Therefore you should rather have the bullies chewed on special dog bones. If the dog has eaten chewing gum or sweets, a veterinarian should be consulted immediately.