Problem Case Poison bait – Detect, Prevent and First Aid

German dog owners have been dealing with fear for quite some time. More and more walkers and dog owners report poison bait finds in parks, forests and on

Field margins. The goal of the persons who interpret all sorts of dangerous things are dogs. Depending on the bait, the eating of the substances within a few minutes is a life-threatening risk. What dog owners can preventively do, how they recognize poison baits themselves and what to do in the worst case, dog lovers will find out here.

Which types of poison bait are designed and how do you recognize them?

Dogfish are quite creative in the selection and composition of the poison baits they design. Therefore, it is very difficult to give a blanket advice for recognizing bait. The fact is, however, that since the accumulation of such incidents all lying sausages, meatballs and mincemeat pieces should be very thoroughly examined. Often, on closer inspection, it can be seen whether it is baited with venom or blades bait. As a rule, the polluters resort to three options:

Rat poison:

The external form of rat poison is difficult to determine because this dangerous substance can theoretically occur in all colors and shapes. Even in powdered form mix some dog insects the poison in liver sausage or minced meat, because then it is no longer recognizable. Even if a meatball looks so harmless, the dog should eat it in no case. The effect that rat poison can have on the dog's body is devastating. Often, symptoms show up only after some time, which is why dog ​​owners should definitely visit a veterinarian in case of suspicion. Signs of poisoning with rat poison can be bleeding or even an irregular heartbeat. Depending on the dose that the animal has taken, it can come to an agonizing death in an emergency.